Books Which I've read.
I'm trying to list all books which I've read. The list is incomplete, but I'm working on it. I don't own most of them. I often use public libraries. There's no point in buying books when you can read them, for free, in public and/or university libraries. In addition, it's not a list of recommended books…
… the very concept of putting a list of recommended-books down on the Internet is retarded. Don't forget: everything on the Internet is fake, and there … too … is no such phenomenon as online communities. A community is something real, in real-life; among your kinsmen, family and homogeneous neighbourhood. For example, there's no such thing as FreeBSD-community, etc.
There's no such phenomenon as AI, and those ML/DL/etc are just plain good old
signal-processing. Don't let charlatans scam you.
I can't remember the exact details of most of them either, e.g. which editions, years, etc. As a rule of thumb: books are just tools. Books with 'ed./year': the information is not precise. Often, I'd read some older/earlier editions, but I couldn't remember the exact ordinal number! Thus, I had to put the latest edition-number/year which had been found, via STFW method of data-extraction.
By the way, why am I saying all of that? Well… what's the most important thing in life?
„TO BE PRECISE, NEAT, AND EXACT.“
Bach is the master of Muses, and Aetas Baroca was the apotheosis of art. Everything post-Barocus, especially Modernism is trash.
- Ferris, Jean, et al. Music: The Art of Listening.
- Jones, George T. Music Theory.
- Kennan, Kent. Counterpoint.
Everyone miss-uses Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche for their own purposes. The latest example is the degenerate-atheist Jordan Peterson. He's to the bone is a Postmodernist, while professing otherwise.
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
- Nietzsche, Friedrich W. Beyond Good and Evil.
- Nietzsche, Friedrich W. Die fröhliche Wissenschaft.
- Nietzsche, Friedrich W. Ecce Homo.
- Nietzsche, Friedrich W. Human, All Too Human.
- Nietzsche, Friedrich W. The Antichrist.
- Nietzsche, Friedrich W. The Will to Power.
- Nietzsche, Friedrich W. Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
- Nietzsche, Friedrich W. Twilight of the Idols.
- Aurelius, Marcus. Meditations.
- Matyszak, Philip. The Greek and Roman Myths.
- The Cambridge Companion to Greek and Roman Philosophy. 1st ed., Cambridge, 2003.
- Godfrey-Smith, Peter. Theory and Reality: An Introduction to the Philosophy of Science.
Hamlet is overrated. Generally, when people are bragging about how they love Hamlet, that's a sign that they never read William Shakespeare. I got you!
- Shakespeare, William. Macbeth.
- Russell, Bertrand. Introduction to Mathematical Philosophy.
- Russell, Bertrand. Principia Mathematica Volume I.
- Russell, Bertrand. Principia Mathematica Volume II.
- Russell, Bertrand. Principia Mathematica Volume III.
- Russell, Bertrand. The Principles of Mathematics.
- Boole, George. The Mathematical Analysis of Logic. 1847.
- Hurley, Patrick J. et al. A Concise Introduction to Logic. Cengage.
- Kleene, Stephen C. Introduction to Metamathematics. 1952.
- Monk, J. Donald. Mathematical Logic. Springer, 1976.
- Priest, Graham. An Introduction to Non-Classical Logic. Cambridge.
- Shoenfield, Joseph W. Mathematical Logic. 1st ed., Routledge, 1967.
- Jech, Thomas. Set Theory. 3rd ed., Springer, 2002.
- Hardy, G. H., et al. Introduction To the Theory of Numbers. 4th ed., Oxford, 1960.
To learn mathematics beyond counting for dummies, and Bugman Calculus for engineering, … whatever.
- Dummit, S. David, et al. Abstract Algebra. 3rd ed., Wiley, 2003.
- Strang, Gilbert. Introduction to Linear Algebra.
- Apostol, Tom. Mathematical Analysis. 2nd ed., Pearson, 1974.
- Hardy, G. H., et al. A Course of Pure Mathematics. 10th ed., Cambridge, 1963.
- Apostol, Tom M. Calculus, Vol. 1. 2nd ed., Wiley, 1967.
- Apostol, Tom M. Calculus, Vol. 2. 2nd ed., Wiley, 1969.
Discrete and Combinatorics
I hate Discrete and Statistics. Combinatorics is fine though. Never trust Statistics, unless it's being done by physicists and engineers. I don't believe in applying statistical methods in other disciplines, especially so-called social sciences, whatever that means.
- Cameron, Peter J. Combinatorics. 1st ed., Cambridge, 1995.
- Grimaldi, Ralph P. Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics. 5th ed., Pearson, 2003.
- Ross, S. M. A First Course in Probability
Applied Cryptography by Bruce Schneier is one the useless-book on the entire discipline of cryptology which I've ever encountered. Crowd have heard of the name, because they're listening to fake-security podcast by Steve Gibson, the H.D.D.-guy, the one for whom the mediocre assembler knowledge of his, made him to believe that Microsoft had put a backdoor in the Windows. The WMF exploits. Steve Gibson is the definition of a nerd, i.e. a know-nothing-guy with a bad hair-cut.
- Meijer, Alko R. Algebra for Cryptologists.
- Stallings, William. Cryptography and Network Security.
- Alexander, Daniel C. et al. Elementary Geometry for College Students. Cengage.
- Banks, John A. Precalculus. Cengage.
- Croft, Tony. Engineering Mathematics
- Flint, James, et al. Engineering Mathematics. Pearson.
- Larson, Ron. Trigonometry. Houghton Mifflin College.
- Stewart, James. Calculus.
- Stewart, James. Calculus.
- Murphy, C. et al. Chemistry: The Central Science. Pearson.
- Halliday, David. Fundamentals of Physics. Wiley.
- Purcell, Edward M., et al. Electricity and Magnetism.
I hate statistics.
- Weiss, N. A. Introductory Statistics
- Stallings, William. Computer Organization and Architecture. Pearson.
- Stevens, William Richard. et al. TCP/IP Illustrated. Pearson.
- Cavanagh, Joseph. X86 Assembly Language and C Fundamentals. 1st, CRC, 2013.
- Salihun, D. BIOS Disassembly Ninjutsu Uncovered. 2006.
- Stallings, William. Operating Systems: Internals and Design Principles. Pearson.
- Bentley, Jon. Programming Pearls. 2nd ed., Addison-Wesley, 1999.
- Cormen, Thomas H., et al. Introduction to Algorithms. 3rd ed., MIT, 2009.
- Knuth, Donald. The Art of Computer Programming.
- Macdonald, John, et al. Mastering Algorithms with Perl. 1st ed., O'Reilly, 1999.
- Sedgewick, Robert. Algorithms in C. 1st ed., Addison-Wesley, 1990.
- AT&T Programmer's Guide: AT&T Personal Computer 6300 GW BASIC By Microsoft. 1985.
- Koffman, Elliot B. Turbo Pascal. 4th, Addison-Wesley, 1993.
- Norton, Peter. Peter Norton's Complete Guide to DOS 6.22. 1st ed., Sams, 1994.
- Richter, Jeffrey. Windows via C/C++. 5th ed., Microsoft, 2011.
- Russinovich, Mark. Windows Internals Part 1. 7th ed., Microsoft, 2017.
- Simpson, Alan. The Best Book of MS-DOS 5. 2nd ed., Sams, 1991.
- Karels, Michael J., et al. The Design and Implementation of the 4.4 BSD Operating System. 1st ed., Addison-Wesley, 2010.
- Kernighan, Brian W., et al. The Practice of Programming. 1st ed., Addison-Wesley, 1999.
- Kernighan, Brian W., et al. The Unix Programming Environment. 1st ed., Prentice-Hall, 1983.
- O'Reilly, Tim, et al. Unix Power Tools. 3rd ed., O'Reilly, 2002.
- O'Reilly, Tim, et al. Unix Text Processing. 1st ed., Sams, 1987.
- Stevens, William Richard. Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment. 3rd ed., Addison-Wesley, 2013.
- Stevens, William Richard. UNIX Network Programming. 3rd ed., Addison-Wesley, 2003.
- Kernighan, Brian W., et al. C Programming Language. 2nd ed., Pearson, 1988.
- Linden, Peter van der. Expert C Programming. 1st ed., Pearson, 1994.
- Plauger, P. J. Standard C Library.
- Christiansen, Tom, et al. Perl Cookbook. 1st ed., O'Reilly, 1998.
- Schwartz Randal L., et al. Intermediate Perl. 1st ed., O'Reilly, 2006.
- Schwartz Randal L., et al. Learning Perl. 1st ed., O'Reilly, 1993.
- Wall, Larry, et al. Programming Perl. 1st ed., O'Reilly, 1991.
- Wallace, Shawn. Perl Graphics Programming. 1st ed., O'Reilly, 2002.
- Wong, Clinton. Web Client Programming with Perl. 1st ed., O'Reilly, 1997.
- brian d foy. Mastering Perl. 1st ed., O'Reilly, 2007.
- Friedl, J. E. F. Mastering Regular Expressions. 3rd ed., O'Reilly, 2006.
- Kernighan, Brian W., et al. The AWK Programming Language. 1st ed., Pearson, 1988.
- Robbins, Arnold, et al. sed and awk. 2nd ed., O'Reilly, 1997.
- Robbins, Arnold. Learning the vi Editor. 6th ed., O'Reilly, 1988.
- Rosenblatt, Bill. Learning the Korn Shell. 1st ed., O'Reilly, 1993.
- Adobe Audition CC Classroom.
- Hossenfelder, Sabine. Lost in Math.
- Seymour, John. The Complete Book of Self Sufficiency.
Should I have to mention you needn't read references-books cover-to-cover!
Art and Music
- Hal Leonard. Picture Chord Encyclopedia.
- Segovia, Andres. Diatonic Major And Minor Scales.
- The Oxford History of Western Music.
- CERT C Coding Standard.
- IEEE Std 1003.1-2008 POSIX Issue 7.
Dictionaries and Encyclopædias
- Dictionary of Proverbs and Their Origins.
- Merriam-Webster's Vocabulary Builder.
- Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary.
- Oxford Collocations Dictionary.
- Oxford Latin Dictionary.
- Oxford Learner's Thesaurus.
- Oxford Practice Grammar Advanced.
- The Oxford English Dictionary. 2nd ed, 1989.
- Cambridge English Collocations in Use: Advanced.
- Cambridge English Idioms in Use Advanced.
- Cambridge English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Advanced.
- Cambridge English Vocabulary in Use: Advanced.
- Linguaphone English. 1950.
- Oxford Practical English Usage.
- Strunk Jr., William, et al. The Elements of Style.
Books Which I Wish I'd Never Read.
- Charlatan Avram Noam Chomsky. Media Control.
- Charlatan Clinton Richard Dawkins. The Selfish Gene.
- Charlatan Jordan Bernt Peterson. 12 Rules for Life.
- Charlatan Michael Brant Shermer. The Moral Arc.
- Charlatan Samuel Benjamin Harris. Letter to a Christian Nation.
- Charlatan Steven Arthur Pinker. The Blank Slate.
Books Which … Meh.
- Carroll, Sean. Something Deeply Hidden.
- Kernighan, Brian W. UNIX: A History and a Memoir. 1st ed., 2019.
― by BSDDOG